1. You swallow 1-2 cups of mucus…EVERY DAY
via Star Tribune
2. Horned toads can squirt blood out of their eyes…ew!
3. There’s a 1 in 3 chance police will never find your killer if you’re murdered in the US. That means there are a LOT of murderers still out there…
4. Over 80 million bacteria can be exchanged via just one kiss
via Microbiome Journal
5.The dead outnumber the living 15 to 1.
That’s a lot of spooky ghosts.
6. There are 250,000+ deaths a year due to medical or doctor’s error
7. 20% of coffee mugs have traces of fecal matter on them.
8. The average bed has between 100,000 and 10 million dust mites
via Mayo Clinic
9. Experts estimate that there are over 2,000 serial killers at large right now.
via The New Yorker
10. Some moths actually drink human blood. They’re aptly called “vampire moths”
11. Fresh urine is much cleaner than spit. Your spit contains ~1,000x more bacteria!
12. The air you breathe in a train station is 15% human skin.
13. When you die, your house cat will want to eat you.
14. You secrete 26 gallons of sweat into your bed per year, on average.
15. And finally, about 20% of kids report hearing voices…
via RSCE study